eFiling is available for most case types for case initiation and subsequent filings on civil, domestic cases and criminal cases. Excluded case types are: AP, EM, NC, UD, UE, UF, UI, UM, UN. If
you have eFiling questions for the Clerk's Office, call 248-464-2908. For technical support call TrueFiling customer care at 1-855-959-8868 or
email them at
General eFiling Information:
- If you cannot locate your case in MiFILE, contact the Clerk's Office at 248-858-0582 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Praecipes must be submitted through the Oakland County ePraecipe application.
- Every filer must register with MiFILE.
- If Service is selected during file submission, service on the selected parties is made at the time of submission. The system will generate a Proof of Service document that will be filed into the court file.
- Payment is applied to the filer's credit card at the time of submission. if a document is rejected, the payment will be refunded.
- Statutory document filing fees are subject to a credit card transaction fee of 3%.
- Filings that are submitted up to 11:59 pm will be accepted as of that business day. Filings submitted after 11:59 pm on a Friday, or a weekend, or if submitted on a holiday, will be accepted the following business day.
Domestic eFiling Information:
- Verified Statement - This form is required at case initiation for all domestic cases (divorce, custody, paternity, etc.). If you do not submit a verified statement when starting your case, you must provide a copy to FOC prior to your first assigned hearing date.
- Record of Divorce or Annulment Form - This form must be submitted along with your judgment of divorce.
- Notice of Filiation - This form must be submitted along with your judgment or final order of paternity.
Criminal eFiling Information:
Civil eFiling Information:
For more information visit the MiFILE website.
If you need access to a computer or scanner to participate with eFiling, please visit the Oakland County Clerk's E-Services Center, located in the courthouse next to the County Clerk's Office.