- Elected to the Oakland County Circuit Court bench, November 2, 2004
- Chief, Child Sexual Assault Section, Oakland County Prosecutors Office, June 1997 - December 2004
- Assistant Prosecuting Attorney, Oakland County Prosecutors Office, October 1991 - June 1997
- Instructor, Oakland Police Academy, 1991 - 2004
- Associate, Chadbourne & Parke, New York, NY, 1989 - 1991
- Member: State Bar of Michigan, New York State Bar, Fraternal Order of Police, Oakland County Domestic Violence Fatality Review Team
- Board Member, Oakland County Child Abuse and Neglect Council, 1999 - 2005
- Fellow, Michigan State Bar Foundation
- Appointee, Governor’s Task Force on Childrens Justice, 1998 - 2004
- Appointee, Governor’s Task Force on the Prevention of Sexual Abuse of Children, 2014 - 2015
- Lector, St. Hugo of the Hills Catholic Church, Bloomfield Hills, MI
- Graduate, Fordham University School of Law, New York (Juris Doctor Degree), 1989
- Graduate, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor (Bachelor of Arts), 1985
COVID-19 Court Protocols
COVID PROTOCOLS for Judge Matthews will continue in effect until further notice. However, if the Governor, Legislature, or the Supreme Court issue an order requiring an extension of existing shelter at home requirements, these protocols will continue until such an extension terminates.
During the duration of this order,
the court will not conduct in-court, personal, proceedings. The COVID-19 Court Protocols takes precedent over the below protocol.
DUE TO THE CURRENT EMERGENCY PLEASE REVIEW
COVID-19 PROTOCOL FOR PROCEDURAL CHANGES
In order to better serve the attorneys and litigants appearing in Judge Matthews courtroom, we have adopted the following protocols. Please advise your clients and staff so that there are no misunderstandings.
You can obtain a copy of the Protocol by clicking the highlighted link.