Chief Circuit Judge
- Presiding Judge of the Adult Treatment Court
- Appointed Circuit Judge, November 2015; assigned to Family Division, 2015 – 2018 and Civil/Criminal Division, 2019 - Present
- Graduate of University of Detroit School of Law, 1994
- Graduate of Oakland University, 1990
- Former Vice Chairman, Oakland County Board of Commissioners, 2011 – 2015
- Former Rochester City Councilman, 2007 – 2010
- Former private practice attorney, 1994 – 2015
- Former Adjunct Professor of Law, Western Michigan University Thomas Cooley School of Law
- Member Oakland County Bar Association
- Former Board Member, Rochester Area Youth Assistance (RAYA)
- Former Board Member, Rochester Older Persons Commission (OPC)
Judge Matis has returned to in-person proceedings, unless otherwise indicated. In compliance with the recommendations of the Oakland County Health Department, masks are not required to be worn in the courtroom. Individuals may wear a mask if they feel more comfortable and in fact, the Court will provide one if necessary. Please see court staff upon your arrival should a mask be needed.
In order to better serve the attorneys and litigants appearing in Judge Matis's courtroom, we have adopted the following guidelines. Please advise your clients and staff so that there are no misunderstandings. You can obtain a copy of the Protocol by clicking the highlighted link.