- Elected to the Sixth Circuit Court in 1996
- Past Chief Circuit Judge, November 2009 - 2017
- Past Presiding Judge, General Jurisdiction Division
- Past Chairperson and Member of the Michigan Judicial Tenure Commission
- Past President, Michigan Judges Association (representing state's circuit and appellate judges)
- Member, Advisory Board of the Michigan Judicial Institute
- Board Member, Women Officials Network
- Recipient: State Bar's Champion of Justice Award, Michigan Defense Trial Counsel Legal Excellence (Judicial) Award, Oakland County Bar Association Professionalism Award, Wayne State Alumni Association Headliner Award, Oakland County Probate Court Citizens Alliance "Merit Award"
- Singled out by the Detroit Free Press for exemplary judicial attendance
- Selected by Crain's Detroit Business as one of "40 under 40"
- Recognized by a national magazine as one of ten "Women to Watch"
- Former member, Michigan State Bar's Representative Assembly
- Formerly a private practice attorney specializing in commercial litigation
COVID-19 Court Protocols
COVID PROTOCOLS for Judge Grant will continue in effect through May
29, 2020. However, if the Governor,
Legislature, or the Supreme Court issue an order requiring an extension of existing
shelter at home requirements, these protocols will continue until such an
During the duration of this order, the court will
not conduct in-court, personal, proceedings. The COVID-19 Court Protocols takes precedent over the below protocol.
DUE TO THE CURRENT EMERGENCY PLEASE REVIEW COVID-19 PROTOCOL FOR PROCEDURAL CHANGES
In order to better serve the attorneys and litigants appearing in Judge Grant's courtroom, we have adopted the following guidelines. Please advise your clients and staff so that there are no misunderstandings.