- Elected to the Sixth Circuit Court in 1996
- Founder and Presiding Judge of the Combat Veterans’ Treatment Court (2014 - present)
- Past Chief Circuit Judge, November 2009 - 2017
- Past Presiding Judge, General Jurisdiction Division
- Past Chairperson and Member of the Michigan Judicial Tenure Commission
- Past President, Michigan Judges Association (representing state's circuit and appellate judges)
- Member, Advisory Board of the Michigan Judicial Institute
- Board Member, Women Officials Network
- Recipient: State Bar's Champion of Justice Award, Michigan Defense Trial Counsel Legal Excellence (Judicial) Award, Oakland County Bar Association Professionalism Award, Wayne State Alumni Association Headliner Award, Oakland County Probate Court Citizens Alliance "Merit Award"
- Singled out by the Detroit Free Press for exemplary judicial attendance
- Selected by Crain's Detroit Business as one of "40 under 40"
- Recognized by a national magazine as one of ten "Women to Watch"
- Former member, Michigan State Bar's Representative Assembly
- Formerly a private practice attorney specializing in commercial litigation
In accordance with the Michigan Supreme Court directives, Judge Grant will continue to hold Motion Call via ZOOM, on Wednesdays, beginning at 8:30 a.m. All those with motions being heard will be contacted by the Court the afternoon before, with a specific time for their appearance. Parties must appear in the ZOOM waiting room 10 minutes prior to their scheduled motion hearing time.
Arraignments, pretrial, sentence, and violation of probation hearings are held weekly on Wednesday, jailers at 11:00 a.m. and bonders at noon. All criminal proceedings are held in person, in Courtroom 4A. Judge Grant requires everyone in the courtroom to wear a mask. Masks are available in the hall or in the courtroom.
Use the sing in sheet. The clerk calls the cases.
In order to better serve the attorneys and litigants appearing in Judge Grant's courtroom, we have adopted the following guidelines. Please advise your clients and staff so that there are no misunderstandings.