Pretrial - Sentenced - Felony - Misdemeanor
Offenders referred to Step Forward for services are required to complete a screening and assessment prior to enrollment. The intake unit utilizes the COMPAS (Correctional Offender Management Profiling for Alternative Sanctions), a risk and needs tool. The COMPAS score in conjunction with an individualized interview will determine eligibility for Step Forward services. If eligible, the offender is enrolled in Step Forward and assigned a Case Manager who develops a supervision plan based on the offender’s assessed criminogenic need(s). Offenders who are deemed not eligible for Step Forward services will be given referrals to other agencies as appropriate.
- Any offender who has been charged with a felony or misdemeanor may be referred.
- Offenders should have a history of criminal behavior, substance abuse and/or mental health issues.
- Offenders who have violated probation.
- Upon completion of the assessment, a $25 fee for clients that are eligible for Step Forward services is due at the Step Forward Intake appointment.
- Payments made at either of our locations (Pontiac or Troy) must be made with a money order payable to OCCCD or Pay Online* (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover).
*Note that online payments are subject to an
Enhanced Access Fee.
- Referring agents will complete theStep Forward Referral Form, print and fax to the appropriate Step Forward location (below). The client must contact Step Forward within 24 hours of the referral to schedule their intake/assessment appointment.