LESP Misdemeanor Frequently Asked Questions
Oakland County, MichiganCommunity CorrectionsLESP Misdemeanor Frequently Asked Questions

LESP Misdemeanor Frequently Asked Questions

The following are frequently asked questions of the Oakland County Community Corrections Division's LESP Misdemeanor Program:

How is the 25% sentence reduction calculated?

A 25% reduction of days is first taken off the total amount of days the offender was sentenced to.  Credit for time served, and corresponding “Good Time” days (5 days for every 30 days served), are then deducted off the remaining 75% amount of days.


What is the length of the program?

The program is four weeks long.


Do I have to be able to read and write in order to participate in LESP?

Numerous LESP graduates have been unable to read and write. This has not prevented them from completing the classes.  If you have problems with reading and writing be sure to tell the instructor.


Can I still go out to work at Work Release and be involved in LESP?

Yes, you can continue to work while attending the LESP program as long as your work schedule does not interfere with scheduled day time classes and homework assignments.