Documents filed in the Register of Deeds office must be eligible for recording. When you leave an original instrument with us it is recorded, scanned and microfilmed by the most modern method insuring safety and replacement at any time. It is indexed and returned promptly by U.S. Mail unless otherwise noted.
REAL ESTATE FEES - Effective October 1, 2016
For entering and recording any deed, mortgage, lis pendens or other instruments:
- Recording Fee (this includes the $4.00 state survey & remonumentation fee) - $30.00
- Documents that release or assign multiple libers and pages due to the original lien or mortgage being re-recorded should show all associated libers and pages on the discharge or assignment. The liber and page of the original recording is included in the recording fee. There is a $3 charge for each additional referenced liber and page.
- Copies - $1.00 per page
- Certification of Copy - $5.00 per document
Warranty deeds, land contracts or any deed that contains a covenant of warranty must be tax certified at the Oakland County Treasurer's Office. If you find it convenient to use the mail to send us documents for recording, we will service them for you by obtaining a Treasurer's Tax Certificate, attaching revenue stamps, etc. There is a $5.00 fee for the Treasurer's Tax Certificate that must be included in your recording fee payment.
LAND TRANSFER TAX FEES - Public Act 134, 1966 and Public Act 255, 1994
This Act provides that on all written instruments which transfer any interest in real property where the value or consideration exceeds $99.99 transfer tax will be imposed. The tax is computed upon the full consideration of the transfer. Documents where the value of the consideration is less than $100.00 are exempt. For other exemptions see the appropriate Act. The reason for the exemption must be shown on the face of the document. County transfer tax is payable at the rate of $.55 per $500.00 ($1.10 per $1,000) consideration. State transfer tax is payable at the rate of $3.75 per $500.00 ($7.50 per $1,000) consideration.
FINANCING DEPARTMENT FEES (UCC) - Effective October 1, 2016
- Financing Statement Fixture Filing (This includes the original UCC filing, Amendments, Assignments, Continuations and fees to record the UCC document in the real estate index) - $45.00
- UCC Terminations (This includes fees to record the termination in the Real Estate Index - $45.00
The total check should include both Financing Fees and Real Estate Fees.
UCC REQUEST FOR INFORMATION AND COPIES FEES
- Search/Abstract - $12.00 plus $1.00 per entry
- Searches at counter with no written verification -$5.00 per name
- Copies - $1.00 per page
- Certification of Copy - $1.00 per document
COPY FEES FOR PLATS
- Copy of plat of record - 11 x 17 inch - $2.50 per page (laminated - $4.50 per page)
- Copy of plat of record - 18 x 24 inch - $3.00 per page (laminated - $5.50 per page)