Order Marriage Certificate Online
Updated 9/1/2020 - To reduce the spread of Coronavirus and to protect the safety of the public and staff, the Oakland County Clerks Office is closed to the public, except by appointment only.
We strongly encourage you to utilize our online or by mail options before considering an in-person appointment. Please note, appointments are limited. See below for options in performing each service and read the corresponding web page carefully on how to proceed:
- Order Birth, Death, and Marriage Certificates – order online, by mail or by appointment
- Apply for Marriage License –
Marriage License Packet or by appointment
- Apply to become a Notary Public –
Notary Public Packet or by appointment
- Apply for a NEW Concealed Pistol License – by appointment only
- Renew a Concealed Pistol License –
renew online through MSP
- To obtain a new PIN, email us at email@example.com and provide a copy driver license showing proof of current address and the last 4 digits of your SSN
- Assumed Name/Co-Partnership –
by mail only
- Record or obtain Military Discharge (DD214) – by appointment only
- Have a document notarized by a Notary Public – by appointment only
- Home Birth Worksheets – mail to:
Oakland County Vital Records
1200 N. Telegraph, Dept. 413
Pontiac, MI 48341
Appointments/Notice to callers
- We are experiencing high call volumes. If you cannot reach an agent, please be patient and continue to call. There is also an option to leave a message. Phones are being answered between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- To schedule an appointment and for all questions for the Vital Records Office, call 248-858-0571. Appointments are limited. Please reserve in-person transactions for urgent matters only.
- You may also contact us with questions at
- For questions regarding Concealed Pistol Licenses, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attention Notary Publics: Per Executive Order 2020-173, notary commissions that expire between March 1, 2020 and September 30, 2020 are extended until September 30, 2020. Per the Office of the Great Seal, when acting as a notary, cross off your expiration date, hand write the new expiration date, initial and add the directive. Example, "expires 9/30/2020, per EO 2020-173". (Be sure to initial your changes.)
A certified copy of a Marriage Certificate is available for events that occurred in Oakland County. All copies issued by this office are certified and serve as an original document. Marriage Records prior to 1942 are available in person or by mail only.
The marriage license must have been applied for in Oakland County to request a copy of the marriage certificate.
- You must provide the date of the marriage and both spouse's full names before the marriage. If you do not have the date of marriage and both spouse's full names, please use the Genealogy Research Service.
- Your credit card is authorized for the amount charged at the end of your transaction. Only when the Clerk's Office fulfills your request, and your record(s) have been mailed, will your credit card be charged for the amount of the transaction.
Marriage Certificate requests received in-person are provided the same day. To save time, you may print out and complete the
Marriage Request Form. Please note, our busiest times are 11:30 am to 1:30 pm.
- Include completed
Marriage Request Form.
- Include payment - see Fees section for more information.
- For payment by credit card - you must include a photocopy (front and back sides) of both your credit card and valid driver license or state ID.
- Include a stamped, self-addressed envelope.
- Requests submitted by mail are processed within 3 business days and should be received within 7-10 business days.