Order Marriage Certificate Online
Updated 11/18/2020 - Due to the current epidemic, to reduce the spread of Coronavirus, and to protect the safety of the public and our staff, the Oakland County Clerks Office is open by appointment only for urgent matters.
We strongly encourage you to utilize our online or by-mail options.
Please note, appointments are limited. See below for options in performing each service and read the corresponding web page carefully on how to proceed:
Appointments/Notice to callers
- We are experiencing high call volumes. Phones are being answered between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. For questions relating to the Vital Records Office, call 248-858-0571.
- You may also contact us with questions at
- For questions regarding Concealed Pistol Licenses, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Due to the epidemic, appointments are limited to NEW Concealed Pistol Licenses (CPL) only. If your matter is urgent and you are not able to make an appointment online, you may call our office at 248-858-0571.
Please reserve appointments for urgent matters only, and consider an online or by-mail option instead, to protect the safety of all.
A certified copy of a Marriage Certificate is available for events that occurred in Oakland County. All copies issued by this office are certified and serve as an original document. Marriage Records prior to 1942 are available in person or by mail only.
The marriage license must have been applied for in Oakland County to request a copy of the marriage certificate.
- You must provide the date of the marriage and both spouse's full names before the marriage. If you do not have the date of marriage and both spouse's full names, please use the Genealogy Research Service.
- Your credit card is authorized for the amount charged at the end of your transaction. Only when the Clerk's Office fulfills your request, and your record(s) have been mailed, will your credit card be charged for the amount of the transaction.
Marriage Certificate requests received in-person are provided the same day. To save time, you may print out and complete the
Marriage Request Form. Please note, our busiest times are 11:30 am to 1:30 pm.
- Include completed
Marriage Request Form.
- Include payment - see Fees section for more information.
- For payment by credit card - you must include a photocopy (front and back sides) of both your credit card and valid driver license or state ID.
- Include a stamped, self-addressed envelope.
- Requests submitted by mail are processed within 3 business days and should be received within 7-10 business days.