Search Marriage & Death Records
To reduce the spread of Coronavirus and to protect the safety of the public and staff, the Oakland County Clerks Office is closed to the public, except by appointment only.
We strongly encourage you to utilize our online or by mail options before considering an in-person appointment. Please note, appointments are limited. See below for options in performing each service and read the corresponding web page carefully on how to proceed:
- Order Birth, Death, and Marriage Certificates – order online, by mail or by appointment
- Apply for Marriage License –
Marriage License Packet or by appointment
- Apply to become a Notary Public –
Notary Public Packet or by appointment
- Apply for a NEW Concealed Pistol License – by appointment only
- Renew a Concealed Pistol License –
renew online through MSP
- Assumed Name/Co-Partnership –
by mail only
- Record or obtain Military Discharge (DD214) – by appointment only
- Have a document notarized by a Notary Public – by appointment only
- Home Birth Worksheets – mail to:
Oakland County Vital Records
1200 N. Telegraph, Dept. 413
Pontiac, MI 48341
Appointments/Notice to callers - updated 6/16/2020
- We are experiencing high call volumes. If you cannot reach an agent, please be patient and continue to call. You will not be able to leave a message. Phones are being answered between 9:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- To schedule an appointment and for all questions for the Vital Records Office please call 248-858-0571. Appointments are limited. Please reserve in-person transactions for urgent matters only.
- You may contact us with any questions at
Attention Notary Publics: Per Executive Order 2020-131, notary commissions that expire between March 1, 2020 and July 31, 2020 are extended until July 31, 2020. Per the Office of the Great Seal, when acting as a notary, cross off your expiration date, hand write the new expiration date, initial and add the directive. Example, "expires 7/31/2020, per EO 2020-131". (Be sure to initial your changes.)
This service allows you to search and order marriage and death records that have occurred in Oakland County. There is no fee for this service; fees are only applicable if you order a certificate.
Marriage records may date as far back as 1868
Death records may date as far back as 1900 and are continuously being updated
Archived records that are not available through this search are available for research in person. You can search for Marriage records dating back to 1827 and Death records dating back to 1867. You may contact the Vital Records Division to obtain more information on how to do this.