Updated 10/09/2020 - To reduce the spread of Coronavirus and to protect the safety of the public and staff, the Oakland County Clerks Office is closed to the public, except by appointment only.
We strongly encourage you to utilize our online or by mail options before considering an in-person appointment. Please note, appointments are limited. See below for options in performing each service and read the corresponding web page carefully on how to proceed:
- Order Birth, Death, and Marriage Certificates – order online, by mail, or by appointment
- Apply for Marriage License –
by mail using ourMarriage License Packet (we will ensure your license is returned by your wedding date), or by appointment
- Apply to become a Notary Public –
by mail using ourNotary Public Packet, or by appointment
- Apply for a NEW Concealed Pistol License – by appointment only
- Renew a Concealed Pistol License –
renew online through MSP
- To obtain a new PIN, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide a copy of your driver's license showing proof of current address and the last 4 digits of your SSN
- Assumed Name/Co-Partnership –
by mail only
- Record or obtain Military Discharge (DD214) – by appointment only
- Have a document notarized by a Notary Public – by appointment only
- Home Birth Worksheets – mail to:
Oakland County Vital Records
1200 N. Telegraph, Dept. 413
Pontiac, MI 48341
Appointments/Notice to callers
- We are experiencing high call volumes. Phones are being answered between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. For questions relating to the Vital Records Office, call 248-858-0571.
- You may also contact us with questions at
- For questions regarding Concealed Pistol Licenses, contact us at email@example.com.
- You may now schedule appointments online.
Please reserve appointments for urgent matters only, and consider an online or by-mail option instead, to protect the safety of all.
The Vital Records Division of the Oakland County Clerk/Register of Deeds office records certificates for births, deaths and marriages that occurred in Oakland County, and provides qualified applicants with certified copies. In addition, Vital Records files and issues marriage licenses, notary public applications and concealed Pistol License. Assumed Names and Co-Partnerships are also recorded with the Vital Records Division and may be searched online.