The Oakland County Phone System is currently down. Review our webpages for information regarding our services. We are sorry for any inconvience this may cause.
- For Birth, Marriage, and Death Certificates and Notary Public questions - call 248-464-1602
- For Marriage Licenses and Business Names questions - call 248-420-8723
- For Concealed Pistol Licsense questions - call 248-464-2506 or email
- You may also email
To reduce the spread of Coronavirus, and to protect the safety of the public and our staff, the Oakland County Clerks Office is open by appointment only. We strongly encourage you to utilize our online or by-mail options. Listed below are a variety of services and how they can be completed. Please read carefully on how to proceed:
Appointments/Notice to callers
- We continue to experience high call volumes. Phones are being answered between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. For questions relating to the Vital Records Office, call 248-858-0571.
- You may also contact us with questions at
- For questions regarding Concealed Pistol Licenses, call 248-858-0571 or contact us at email@example.com.
To protect the safety of all, please consider an online or by-mail option.
The Vital Records Division of the Oakland County Clerk/Register of Deeds office records certificates for births, deaths and marriages that occurred in Oakland County, and provides qualified applicants with certified copies. In addition, Vital Records files and issues marriage licenses, notary public applications and concealed pistol licenses. Assumed names and co-partnerships are also recorded with the Vital Records Division and may be searched online.