To reduce the spread of Coronavirus and to protect the safety of the public and staff, the Oakland County Clerks Office is closed to the public, except by appointment only. We strongly encourage you to utilize our online or by mail options before considering an in-person appointment. See below for options in performing each service:
- Order Birth, Death, and Marriage Certificates – order online, by mail or by appointment
- Apply for Marriage License – by mail, Marriage License Packet or by appointment
- Apply to become a Notary Public – by mail, Notary Public Packet or by appointment
- Apply for a NEW Concealed Pistol License – cannot be done at this time as fingerprinting requirements cannot be met
- Renew a Concealed Pistol License – renew online through MSP
- Assumed Name/Co-Partnership – by mail only
- Record or obtain Military Discharge (DD214) – by appointment only
- Have a document notarized by a Notary Public – by appointment only
- Home Birth Worksheets – mail to:
Oakland County Vital Records
1200 N. Telegraph, Dept. 413
Pontiac, MI 48341
To schedule an appointment, call 248-464-2506. Please reserve in-person transactions for urgent matters only.
If you have an emergency for Vital Records, please call 248-464-2506 or 248-464-1602.
If you are a funeral home and have an emergency, please call 248-466-4348.
You may contact us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attention Notary Publics: Per Executive Order 2020-74, notary commissions that expire between March 1, 2020 and June 30, 2020 are extended until June 30, 2020. Per the Office of the Great Seal, when acting as a notary, cross off your expiration date, hand write the new expiration date, initial and add the directive. Example, "expires 6/30/2020, per EO 2020-74". (Be sure to initial your changes.)
The Vital Records Division of the Oakland County Clerk/Register of Deeds office records certificates for births, deaths and marriages that occurred in Oakland County, and provides qualified applicants with certified copies. In addition, Vital Records files and issues marriage licenses, notary public applications and concealed Pistol License. Assumed Names and Co-Partnerships are also recorded with the Vital Records Division and may be searched online.