Set Aside Convictions

COVID-19 InformationVisit the Court Records homepage for further information regarding office closure and the services available regarding the Clerk's Office legal court records and filing.Visit the Clerk/Register of Deeds homepage for information on each division.

Court documents may be ordered online through Court Explorer.

Michigan's new expungement law (set aside conviction) went into effect on April 11, 2021.  Automatic expungements do not go into effect until 2023.  Visit the Michigan Legal Help website or MCL 780.621 for more information regarding setting aside a conviction and to determine if you qualify.

Set Aside Conviction forms can be filed at the Oakland County Clerk's Office when sentencing has occurred at the 6th Judicial Circuit Court.

Submit to the Oakland County Clerk's Office:

​Related Documents:

Michigan Criminal History - Search records through the Michigan State Police