Due to the Governor's order, our office is closed to the public and all services have been suspended through April 10th, except for emergency matters.
Oakland Circuit Court Chief Judge Shalina Kumar has issued an order regarding emergency procedures to protect the health and safety of the public and employees of the Circuit Court which can be found at www.oakgov.com/courts.
Emergency Personal Protection Orders can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Emergency matters (that are not eFiled) for filing can be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 248-858-1117. If you have a question regarding an emergency filing please call 248-466-4416. Payments for emergency filings can be made through Judge On-Line.
If you have an emergency question regarding eFiling, please call 248-464-2908.
If you have had a case in the Oakland County Circuit Court and believe personal information may be in your file, you can remove sensitive personal identifiers, including Social Security numbers.
You must review your file(s) at the Oakland County Clerk's Office. The Clerk's Office is not responsible for reviewing files on behalf of the public to identify sensitive information. While reviewing your file, determine if there are any sensitive personal identifiers. Files are the property of the 6th Judicial Circuit Court and may not be removed from the County Clerk's Office. Copies are available for $1 per page.
Note: Not all requests will be granted and portions of requests may also be denied depending on court rule, law and/or statute.
For documents filed prior to March of 2006:
- Fill out the Notice of Presence of SSN in Court Documents Form.
- There is no fee associated with this process for removing SSN prior to March of 2006.
- Submit the form to the Oakland County Clerk's Office, including a self-addressed stamped envelope for the return of processed documents. If your case is an eFiling case you must submit electronically.
For documents filed after March 1, 2006:
- Fill out the
Motion to Remove SSN in Court Documents Form.
- There is a $20.00 motion fee for filing the motion.
- You do not need to fill out a notice of hearing or a praecipe. There will be no formal hearing for this procedure.
- Serve the motion on all counsel of record.
- Fill out and file the attached proof of service with the Clerk's Office after step 4 is completed.
- Submit your documents to the Oakland County Clerk's Office, including a self-addressed stamped envelope for the return of processed documents. If your case is an eFiling case you must submit electronically.