COVID-19 InformationVisit Court Records for information regarding Clerk's Office court records, filings, and services.
The following is the process for filing an Out-of-State Subpoena to be issued by the Oakland County Clerk's Office pursuant to MCL 600.2201 et seq of the Uniform Interstate Depositions and Discovery Act.
Documents must be electronically filed using MiFILE. View training and additional eFiling information though the Oakland County Clerk/Register of Deeds eFiling page.
How to File an Out-of-State Subpoena
- Register or login as a user through MiFILE (powered by TrueFiling).
- Log into the eFiling application, select Case Search, select MI Oakland County 6th Circuit Court, enter case number 2023-111111-XX and click Search.
- Once the case appears under the Search Results click on the case (Foreign Subpoena vs None).
- Under the Case Details you will select File to this Case. You will not have to Add Party or Add Counsel.
- Upload the Michigan Subpoena form CC 11a and attach (merge) a copy of the out-of-state foreign subpoena issued by the appropriate person/court or the order for subpoena from the out-of-state court.
- Under the Filing Type, select Miscellaneous - $0.00.
- Fill in the required fields and click Submit Filing. Once the Clerk's Office issues and accepts the documents for filing, a copy may be obtained through the MiFILE History page.
Process for Further Enforcement Proceedings
A motion for a protective order or an order to enforce, quash, or modify a subpoena may be filed after an out-of-state subpoena has been issued by our court, pursuant to MCL 600.2206.
- Register as a user through MiFILE (powered by TrueFiling).
- Log into the eFiling application and select File, select MI Oakland County 6th Circuit Court, and click Initiate a New Case.
- Upload the appropriate documents.
- Under Filing Type, select Motion Fee - $20.
- Fill in the required fields and click Submit Filing. Once the Clerk's Office starts the new action and accepts the documents for filing, a copy may be obtained through the MiFILE History page.