View COVID-19 Court Information
for the Oakland County 6th Judicial Circuit Court Orders and procedures.
eFiling/Circuit Court Filings
- Most Circuit Court filings are required to be eFiled using MiFILE.
- Filings include Domestic (divorce, custody, parenting time, etc.) Civil and Criminal filing types.
- Excluded from eFiling are case types: AP, EM, NC, UD, UE, UF, UI, UM, UN. Filings on these cases can be filed in person or mailed to the Oakland County Clerk's Office.
Click here to eFile using MiFILE - This page also contains "How To" instructions, FAQs, and common rejection reasons
- If you cannot find your case number in MiFILE, email
firstname.lastname@example.org to have your case number added.
- For other efiling questions, please call 248-858-0582.
Emergency Personal Protection Orders
Appointments/Notice to Callers
- To file PPO petitions visit
our PPO resource section for instructions.
- Additional PPO motions and filings should be eFiled using MiFILE. Visit
our eFiling resource section for more information.
- Call 248-303-1534 for questions about the PPO forms, or if you have questions ONLY after a judge has granted your PPO request.
- For matters regarding Court Explorer, copies of court records, and all other Clerk's Office Legal Division questions, please call 248-858-0582.
- Appointments are no longer needed for the following services which can be completed in the E-Services Center of the Clerk's Office:
- Viewing of 6th Judicial Circuit Court documents and obtaining copies
- Assistance with eFiling Account Setup
- View Michigan Legal Help Website
Other Clerk's Office Services
Bar Admissions - (Instructions for remote hearings only)
Court Explorer - view Register of Actions and order Court Documents
Legal Name Changes - must be filed by mail or in person
Vital Records – birth, marriage and death certificates, marriage licenses, CPL, notary publics, assumed names/co-partnerships
Oakland County Clerk's Office
1200 N. Telegraph, Dept. 413
Pontiac, MI 48341
The Legal Records Division of the Clerk/Register of Deeds Office records and maintains all files for civil, domestic, felony criminal case types and the recently formed business court cases for the 6th Judicial Circuit Court. Cases that are filed with the Legal Records Division include:
Civil Cases: Appeals from district court, civil damage suits including personal injury, auto negligence, medical malpractice and other damage suits. Additional civil cases include business claims and contract disputes.
Domestic Cases: Divorce, paternity, name changes, emancipations, general family matters and Personal Protection Orders.
Felony Criminal Cases: Bound over to the 6th Judicial Circuit Court and are originated from the district courts.
Business Court Cases: Cases involving business or commercial disputes.
Other duties of the Clerk's Office Legal Records Division include:
- Process change of venue cases
- Collect bond money for criminal and civil cases
- Process Bar Admission/Oath of Office for new attorneys admitted to the State Bar
Issue veteran's vending permits
- Record traffic control orders
Be advised, this office does not provide legal advice.
Other Legal Resources
For legal matters, questions, and filings, you may contact an attorney or visit Michigan Legal Help for tools and resources to help you with court filings and forms. Note: our office cannot provide legal advice.