COVID-19 InformationCOVID-19 emergency procedures and orders
have been issued by Oakland Circuit Court Chief Judge Shalina Kumar to protect the health and safety of the public and employees of the Circuit Court.
eFiling/Circuit Court Filings
Click here to Efile using MiFILE - This page also contains "How To" instructions, FAQs, and common rejection reasons.
- Most Circuit Court filings are required to be eFiled using MiFILE.
- Filings include Domestic (divorce, custody, parenting time, etc.) Civil and Criminal filing types.
- If you cannot find your case number in MiFILE, email
firstname.lastname@example.org to have your case number added.
- For other efiling questions, please call 248-858-0582.
Emergency Personal Protection Orders
Appointments/Notice to Callers
- To file PPO petitions visit
our PPO resource section for instructions.
- Additional PPO motions and filings should be eFiled using MiFILE. Visit
our eFiling resource section for more information.
- Call 248-303-1534 for questions about the PPO forms, or if you have questions ONLY after a judge has granted your PPO request.
- Our call center is overwhelmed with calls. If you need information regarding a service, please read each division's COVID-19 information carefully and visit the appropriate web pages on how to proceed. If your matter is urgent, please be patient and continue to call.
- For matters regarding Court Explorer, copies of court records, and all other Clerk's Office Legal Division questions, please call 248-858-0582. See below for available services.
- Appointments available at this time for the Legal Records (court records) division are:
- Viewing of 6th Judicial Circuit Court documents
- Assistance with eFiling Account Setup
Other Clerk's Office Services
Oakland County Clerk's Office
1200 N. Telegraph, Dept. 413
Pontiac, MI 48341
The Legal Records Division of the Clerk/Register of Deeds Office records and maintains all files for civil, domestic, felony criminal case types and the recently formed business court cases for the 6th Judicial Circuit Court. Cases that are filed with the Legal Records Division include:
Civil Cases: Appeals from district court, civil damage suits including personal injury, auto negligence, medical malpractice and other damage suits. Additional civil cases include business claims and contract disputes.
Domestic Cases: Divorce, paternity, name changes, emancipations, general family matters and Personal Protection Orders.
Felony Criminal Cases: Bound over to the 6th Judicial Circuit Court and are originated from the district courts.
Business Court Cases: Cases involving business or commercial disputes.
Other duties of the Clerk's Office Legal Records Division include:
- Process change of venue cases
- Collect bond money for criminal and civil cases
- Admission of new attorneys to the State Bar
Issue veteran's vending permits
- Record traffic control orders
Be advised, this office does not provide legal advice.
Other Legal Resources
For legal matters, questions, and filings, you may contact an attorney or visit Michigan Legal Help for tools and resources to help you with court filings and forms. Note: our office cannot provide legal advice.