Oakland County Clerk/Register of Deeds Lisa Brown will bring the services of her office to South Lyon and Springfield on Tuesday, March 21, through the popular Local Office Visit program. A wide range of services will be available at the following locations:
- South Lyon Center for Active Adults, 1000 N Lafayette, South Lyon, 48178, from 10:00AM - 11:30AM
- Located in the SW corner of South Lyon High School
- Springfield Township Library, 12000 Davisburg Rd, Davisburg, 48350, from 1:30PM - 3:00PM
"Our goal is to make it easier and more convenient to do business with Oakland County, which is why we bring our services to local residents," Brown said. "People are busy in their everyday lives, and they don't always have time to visit our office in Pontiac to get the documents or records they need. Bringing our services directly to Oakland County residents in their hometowns makes it easier for everyone."
The following records and services are available at all Local Office Visits:
- Copies of birth, death and marriage certificates
- Copies of deeds, mortgages, liens and other property documents
- Copies of Oakland County Circuit Court documents, including divorce records
- Business registration or renewals, as well as access to Oakland County's Assumed Business Names and Co-Partnerships database
- Concealed pistol license renewals
- Marriage license applications
- Notary public applications
- Free Veterans ID cards
Residents from other Oakland County communities are also welcome to attend. Please visit www.oakgov.com/clerkrod or call 248-858-0561 for additional dates and updated information. Details are also available online for identification requirements and fees, which are the same as those in the main office.