The Oakland County Clerk/Register of Deeds is hosting a special passport event on Saturday, June 18 from 10AM to 1PM. Passport applications from U.S. citizens will be accepted and other services from the Clerk's office will be available.
"We want our services to be accessible to all Oakland County residents. Events like Passport Day provide a convenient way for residents to get the services they need," said Lisa Brown, Oakland County Clerk/Register of Deeds, who will be there to kick off the event.
To apply for a passport you must:
- Apply in person (if the applicant is under 17 years old, the minor and both parents must be present, unless one parent has signed a notarized consent form).
- Present a valid, government-issued form of identification and a certified copy of a birth certificate or proof of citizenship.
- Bring a passport photograph or pay the $10 fee to have one taken on-site that day.
|Passport Fees |
|Paid to U.S. Department of State |
(with Check or Money Order only)
|Paid to Oakland County Elections |
(with Cash or Credit Card only)
|Adult Passport Book $110 (16 and older)||Execution Fee $25|
|Adult Passport Card $30 (16 and older)||Photo Fee $10|
|Child Passport Book $80||Overnight to Lockbox $23 (Pay once per family)|
|Child Passport Card $15 |||
|Expedite Fee $60 (Each family member must pay) |||
|Overnight Delivery Fee $20.66 (Each family member must pay) |||
For more details on the fees and forms of payment required for services, visit www.oakgov.com/clerkrod
Information on how to apply for a U.S. passport is available at www.travel.state.gov
. U.S. citizens may also obtain passport information by phone, in English and Spanish, by calling the National Passport Information Center toll-free at 877-487-2778.
In addition to passports, the Oakland County Clerk's office will provide the following services on June 18:
- Birth, death and marriage records
- Business registrations
- Concealed pistol license applications and renewals
- Marriage licenses
- Military discharge filings
- Notary filings
- In-person voter registration
The Oakland County Clerk's office is located at 1200 N. Telegraph Rd. in Pontiac. Please use the North Entrance on Passport Day. For more information, call 248-858-0561 or visit www.oakgov.com/clerkrod