Jan. 8, 2015, Pontiac, MI - Oakland County Clerk/Register of Deeds Lisa Brown will bring the services of her office to Ferndale and Clawson residents on Wednesday, Jan. 14, through the popular Local Office Visit program. A wide range of services will be available at the following locations:
- Ferndale City Hall, 300 E. Nine Mile Road, from 10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Clawson City Hall, 425 N. Main St., from 1:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
"Our goal is to make it easier and more convenient to do business with Oakland County, which is why we bring our services to local residents," Brown said. "People are busy in their everyday lives, and they don't always have time to stop into our main office in Pontiac to get the documents or records they need. Bringing our office directly to Oakland County residents in their home towns makes it easier for everyone."
The following records and services are available at no extra charge at all Local Office Visits:
- Copies of birth, death and marriage certificates
- Marriage license applications
- Copies of deeds, mortgages, liens and other property documents
- Business registration or renewals, as well as access to Oakland County's Assumed Business Names and Co-Partnerships database
- Copies of Oakland County Circuit Court documents, including divorce records
- Voter registration and absentee voter applications
- Notary public applications
- Concealed pistol license renewals
Visit www.oakgov.com/clerkrod for additional dates and updated information. Details are also available online for copy fees and identification requirements, which are the same as those in the main office.