October 1, 2013, Pontiac, MI - Lisa Brown, Oakland County Clerk/Register of Deeds, continues bringing services directly to Oakland County residents with the Local Office Visit program. Residents of Rochester and surrounding communities can visit the Rochester Older Persons' Commission Senior Center at 650 Letica Drive in Rochester on October 16 where Brown and her staff will be offering their services from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. These are special extended hours to coincide with the Rochester OPC's 30th Anniversary Celebration taking place all day at the senior center.
Local Office Visits make it easier for people to do business with the Oakland County Clerk/Register of Deeds by delivering services right to their neighborhoods and community centers.
"With the many responsibilities everyone is juggling these days, they don't always have time to get to our office in Pontiac," said Brown. "That's why we bring these services right to Oakland County residents, to make it more convenient to do business with us."
The following records and services are available at all Local Office Visits:
- Copies of birth, death and marriage certificates
- Marriage license applications
- Copies of deeds, mortgages, liens and other property documents
- Business registration or renewals, as well as access to Oakland County's Assumed Business Names and Co-Partnerships database
- Copies of Oakland County Circuit Court documents, including divorce records
- Voter registration and absentee voter applications
- Notary public applications
- Concealed pistol license renewals
More cities will be announced as the Oakland County Clerk/Register of Deeds continues this popular program. Visit www.oakgov.com/clerkrod for additional dates and updated information. Details are also available online for copy fees and identification requirements, which are the same as those in the main office.