August 19, 2013, Pontiac, MI - Lisa Brown, Oakland County Clerk/Register of Deeds, continues bringing services directly to Oakland County residents with the Local Office Visit program. Residents of Farmington Hills and surrounding communities can visit the Farmington Hills City Clerk's Office at 31555 W. 11 Mile Road in Farmington Hills on August 22 where Brown and her staff will be offering their services from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Local Office Visits make it easier for people to do business with the Oakland County Clerk/Register of Deeds by delivering services right to their neighborhoods.
Brown will be on hand to register voters in person. This is of particular importance to college students, and other first-time voters in Michigan, who wish to vote absentee.
"If you don't register to vote in person, then the first time you vote must be in person. That means an 18-year-old who is away at college can't vote by absentee ballot. I want to do everything I can to make it easier for people to vote," Brown said.
In addition to voter registration and absentee voter applications, the following records and services are available at all Local Office Visits:
- Copies of birth, death and marriage certificates
- Marriage license applications
- Copies of deeds, mortgages, liens and other property documents
- Business registration or renewals, as well as access to Oakland County's Assumed Business Names and Co-Partnerships database
- Copies of Oakland County Circuit Court documents, including divorce records
- Notary public applications
- Concealed pistol license renewals
More cities will be announced as the Oakland County Clerk/Register of Deeds continues this popular program. Visit www.oakgov.com/clerkrod
for additional dates and updated information. Details are also available online for copy fees and identification requirements, which are the same as those in the main office.