The year 2020 marks the 100th anniversary of the passage of the 19th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, which guaranteed women the right to vote. In honor of this important milestone in our nation’s history, the Board of Commissioners established the Celebration of Women’s Suffrage Ad Hoc Committee.
Throughout the next year, the committee will invite Oakland County residents to learn more about the history of women's suffrage through a variety of exciting programming and events.
The members of the committee are:
"I Voted!" Sticker Contest
Oakland County's 100th Anniversary of Women's Suffrage "I Voted!" Sticker Contest is open to Oakland County students in grades 6-12. The contest is open for submissions through October 18, 2019. Two winning designs will be printed as stickers and distributed to voters at precincts across Oakland County during upcoming elections. The winning students will be honored at the Oakland County Board of Commissioners meeting on Wednesday, November 20, 2019.
TWO STUDENT WINNERS WILL EACH RECEIVE $1,000
- One student in grades 6-8 (student's teacher awarded $250 for classroom)
- One student in grades 9-12 (student's teacher awarded $250 for classroom)
Prize money is courtesy of Cornerstone Community Financial Credit Union
- Contest is open to students in grades 6-12
- Student must be a resident of Oakland County
- One entry per student is permitted
- Designs must be original – artwork taken from other sources will be disqualified
- Designs must include the words I Voted!
- Designs must portray the celebratory theme of "The 100th Anniversary of Women's Suffrage"
- Designs must be in full color and can be created using any medium (crayon, colored pencil, paint, etc.)
- Designs must be in a medium and size that can be easily replicated as a 2-inch diameter circle sticker (an optional design template is available here)
- Judging will be based on use of creativity, artistic skill, execution and interpretation of the theme
- Designs must be submitted online no later than Friday, October 18, 2019
Questions? Contact Haley Hansen at firstname.lastname@example.org or (248) 858-1092