How Do I?

How Do I?

$Expand=File&$orderby=Order asc
How do I Contact my commissioner?,


Visit the Contact section of this site to reach the office of the Board of Commissioners to speak with staff members, or find the Commissioner representing your district to contact them directly. Their telephone numbers and other contact information is found on their individual bio pages within this site.


How do I recommend something to be considered before the Board?,

Contact your commissioner directly to request action at Board meetings.​

Who do I call about roads?,


For maintenance issues related to state or county roads, contact the Road Commission for Oakland County (RCOC).  You can phone the RCOC toll free at 877-858-4804, or email the RCOC through its Web site,
For questions or issues related to a city or village street, contact your local community.  If you're not sure who has jurisdiction over a particular road, contact the Road Commission for Oakland County and you will be directed to the appropriate authority. 


What does a Commissioner do?,

Please visit the section of this site called About. It will answer most questions about the role of a commissioner. If you have any additional questions, please see the Agendas/Minutes section to get an overall sense of what kinds of topics are discussed in meetings.

Where are Board meetings held?,

The regular semi-monthly Board meetings are held in the Oakland County Courthouse Auditorium. The Standing Committee meetings are generally held in Committee Room A. Both sites are located at 1200 North Telegraph Road, Pontiac, Michigan 48341-0470.

What is the length of Commissioners terms of service?,

Two years.​

How are districts determined?,

Districts change every 10 years as new census figures are calculated, and change in order to accommodate changing population patterns. We attempt to keep approximately the same number of people in each district