Helaine Zack (D)
Commissioner, District 18
Sign up to receive my newsletter.
Boundaries: Includes the Cities of Ferndale, Hazel Park, Huntington Woods, Oak Park and the Charter Township of Royal Oak.
First elected: November 2002
Current term: January 1, 2017 - December 31, 2018
Oakland County Board of Commissioners
1200 N. Telegraph Road
Pontiac, Michigan 48341
Huntington Woods, Michigan 48070
248-858-0100 (County); 248-546-7392 (Home) Fax:
248-858-1572 (County) E-mail: email@example.com
In the Community:
- Minority Vice Chair: Finance Committee
- Member: Human Resources Committee (Former Minority Vice Chair)
- Member: Classification Determination Hearing Subcommittee
- Board Member: SEMCOG
- Board Member: Area Agency on Aging 1B
- Member: Government Relations Committee - Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit
- Member: Advisory Board - Tri-Community Coalition
- Member: Citizens Advisory Council - Regional Transit Authority (RTA)
- Outstanding Advocate Award (2007): National Easter Seals Disability Services
- Taubman Scholar (2015): Harvard Kennedy School of Government
Commissioner Zack earned Bachelors of Arts and Masters of Social Work degrees at the University of Michigan. She has been married to Andrew, an attorney, for 40 years and has three adult daughters and two sons-in-law. Commissioner Zack has been a social worker active in the employee assistance program field for more than 35 years. Throughout her professional career, Commissioner Zack has been an advocate for vulnerable citizens, including those dealing with mental illness, substance abuse, domestic violence and traumatic events. She has also worked to improve and promote regional transportation.