Helaine Zack (D)
Commissioner, District 18
Sign up to receive my newsletter.
Boundaries: Includes the Cities of Ferndale, Hazel Park, Huntington Woods, Oak Park and the Charter Township of Royal Oak.
First elected: November 2002
Current term: January 1, 2015 - December 31, 2016
Oakland County Board of Commissioners
1200 North Telegraph Road
Pontiac, Michigan, USA, 48341-0421
Huntington Woods, Michigan, USA, 48070
248-858-0100 (County); 248-546-7392 (Home) Fax:
248-858-1572 (County) E-mail: email@example.com
- Minority Vice Chair: Human Resources Committee
- Member: Finance Committee
- Member: Classification Determination Hearing Subcommittee
- Member: Citizens Advisory Council - Regional Transit Authority (RTA)
In the Community:
- Board Member: SEMCOG
- Board Member: Area Agency on Aging 1B
- Member: Government Relations Committee - Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit
- Member: Advisory Board - Tri-Community Coalition
- Outstanding Advocate Award (2007): National Easter Seals Disability Services
- Taubman Scholar (2015): Harvard Kennedy School of Government
Commissioner Zack earned Bachelors of Arts and Masters of Social Work degrees at the University of Michigan. She has been married to Andrew, an attorney, for almost 40 years and has three adult daughters and two sons-in-law. Commissioner Zack has been a social worker active in the employee assistance program field for more than 35 years. Throughout her professional career, Commissioner Zack has been an advocate for vulnerable citizens, including those dealing with mental illness, substance abuse, domestic violence and traumatic events. She has also worked to improve and promote regional transportation.