Tom Middleton (R)
Commissioner, District 4
Sign up to receive my newsletter.
Boundaries: Includes Independence Township, the City of the Village of Clarkston, and a northwest portion of Waterford Township.
First elected: February 2002 (now in 7th term)
Current term: January 1, 2015 - December 31, 2016
Oakland County Board of Commissioners
1200 North Telegraph Road
Pontiac, Michigan, USA, 48341
Commissioner Tom Middleton
6928 Tappon Drive
Clarkston, Michigan 48346
Phone: 248-858-0100 (County); 248-620-6551 (Home-Office)
Fax: 248-858-1572 (County)
- Finance: Chair
- Human Resources: Member
- Public Services: Former Member
- General Government: Former Member
- Planning & Building: Former Member
- Retirement Board: Member
- Drainage Board: Member
Oakland County achievements:
- State Representative, 1990-1998 of the Michigan State House of Representatives
- Lake Board Member of the following area lakes: Clarkston Mill Pond, Lake Oakland, School House Lake, Van Norman Lake, Walters Lake, Watkins Lake, and Scott Lake
- Optimist of the Year - 2008.
Activities in the community:
- Former member, Oxford Board of Education
- Former member, Clarkston Drug Awareness Program
- Supporter, Clarkston Education Foundation
- Past President, Clarkston Optimist Club
- Supporter, Oakland County 4-H
- Member, the Oakland County MSU Extension, Advisory Council
Activities in the state & region:
- Vice Chairman, Michigan Association of County Transportation Committee
- Past President, the Michigan Association of Conservation Districts
- Past President, National Association of Conservation Districts (NADC) -- Great Lakes Committee
- Treasurer, Southeast Michigan Resource Conservation & Development Council
Commissioner Middleton is a graduate of Michigan State University with a B.A. in Agriculture and Natural Resources Communications. He is owner and operator of Key-Belle Farms.
A lifelong Oakland County resident, Commissioner Middleton is married to Kathy. They are the proud parents of three adult children: Amy, Jason and Ted, as well as the proud grandparents of four grandchildren.