Jeff Matis (R)
Vice Chairman of the Board, Commissioner, District 15
Sign up to receive my newsletter.
Includes the City of Rochester and a large portion of the City of Rochester Hills.First elected:
November 2010Current term:
January 1, 2015 - December 31, 2016Contact information:
Oakland County Board of Commissioners
1200 North Telegraph Road
Pontiac, Michigan, USA, 48341-0431
Phone: 248-858-0100 (County);
Fax: 248-858-1572 (County)
- General Government: Member
- Finance: Member
- Public Services: Former Member
- Southeast Michigan Council of Governments (SEMCOG): Member
- Oakland County Airport Committee: Chairperson
- Oakland County Webcasting Committee: Chairperson
In the Community:
- Currently serves on Rochester Area Youth Assistance (RAYA): Member
- Served as a Rochester City Councilman from 2007 - 2010
- Served as Vice Chairman of the Older Persons Commission Board (OPC)
- Served as a Commissioner on the Rochester Historical Commission
- Commissioner Matis was elected Vice Chairman of the Board of Commissioners as a freshman and was re-elected as Vice Chairman for his 3rd term.
Commissioner Jeff Matis is married to Kimberly and has one daughter. He is a graduate of Oakland University, where he earned a Bachelor of Science Degree from the School of Business. He also graduated from the University of Detroit School of Law with a Juris Doctor degree. Commissioner Matis is a lawyer, who principally defends individuals and companies sued in civil lawsuits.