Janet Jackson (D)
Commissioner, District 21
Sign up to receive my newsletter.
Boundaries: Includes the City of Southfield and the City of Farmington Hills.
First elected: November, 2008
Current term: January 1, 2015--December 31, 2016
Oakland County Board of Commissioners
1200 North Telegraph Road
Pontiac, Michigan, USA, 48341-0421
Phone: 248-858-0100 (County)
Fax: 248-858-1572 (County)
- Public Services: Minority Vice Chair
- Planning & Building: Member
- Public Services: Former Member
- Human Resources: Former Member (January '09-December '10)
Oakland County Achievements:
- Managed Unity '04 Campaign to register hundreds of voters in Oakland County
- Co-Sponsored Community Health Care Fair
- Participant, Michigan Roundtable for Diversity
- Charter Member of Oakland County Political Action Committee
- Children's Safety Event
- Urban Book Fair
- Member, Tri-Community Coalition
- Member, Michigan Alliance of Time Banks
- Member, SOCNAACP
- Member, CWA
- Member, PTA Reflections Art Committee
Commissioner Janet Jackson has two children, Courtney and Anthony. She is a former substitute teacher in the Oak Park Schools. Ms. Jackson holds a Bachelor of Arts in Management and Organization Development from Spring Arbor University. She has also held a Real Estate license. Currently, Commissioner Jackson works in Administration for AT&T.
Commissioner Jackson is a member of the
Diversity Advisory Committee for the National Center for Missing and Exploited
Children in Washington, D.C.
"As an elected County Commissioner in Southfield, Michigan, a
suburban community bordering Detroit, I am committed and proud to take part in
numerous efforts locally to combat the crime of human trafficking and address
the issue of internet safety."