Oakland County International AirportEffective March 1, 2007, the gate access card system was implemented.
Tenants wanting to gain access to the T-Hangar area must
use their gate access card. Each tenant should contact Airport Administration to set up a 10 minute appointment to obtain an access card. Appointments are available:
- Monday Friday
9:00 a.m. - 3:45 p.m.
Appointments can be requested via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via phone. Your account must be current to set up an appointment.
Gate Access Informational letter 11/20/06
Information Update & Access Card Agreement
Before your appointment, the following items must be on file in our office or provided before the card will be issued:
Original signed lease on file. Persons who have not provided a signed copy of their lease will be asked to sign at the time of application.
Copy of current aircraft registration.
Proof of Insurance showing limits of liability. Basic aircraft liability policies include or have an endorsement for premises liability (to cover t-hangars & tie-downs). Most of the policies have $1 million limit of liability. If your aircraft is not airworthy, contact the administration office.
Copy of partnership agreement - if applicable. Persons sharing an aircraft should have a document stating that the aircraft costs are shared and indicate the respective percentage of investment in the partnership (totaling 100%). Cards will be provided to registered lease holders only. Tenants who have not previously provided copies of partnership agreements will not be able to verbally confirm partnerships. Upon presentation of appropriate documentation, identification and signing of the Access Card Agreement, additional cards for partners, spouses or additional family members may be purchased.
Access card agreement must be initialed and signed by each tenant (enclosed in this packet).
Information update form must be completed (enclosed in this packet).
Completed information can be faxed (248-666-3341), e-mailed email@example.com or sent via U.S. Mail. Providing the proper account name and/or T-hangar number will help us to verify your information. Tenants unable to provide information noted above will not be issued a card. In an effort to stay on schedule, Airport and accounting issues will not be discussed during appointments.
Cards Quantities and Costs:
- One photo identification gate access card will be assigned to each tenant able to provide a valid driver's license (or government issued photo identification).
- Up to 2 cards per hangar will be provided at no cost. This will allow for the tenant and spouse / partner to each receive a card.
- Additional cards for named members or partners will cost $10.00. Flying Clubs must provide a copy of their current membership roster including full name, address and phone numbers for each member. Each member must complete a signed agreement, information form and provide a valid driver's license (or government issued photo identification).
- Additional cards for spouses will cost $10.00. Spouse names must be included on the information form at the time of application.
- Additional family members or others needing a card who currently are not tenants, may obtain a card for a deposit of $50.00. $40.00 of the deposit is refundable by mail 30-45 days after the card is returned to Airport Administration. An existing tenant must vouch for the individual requesting a card and the applicant must complete a signed agreement, information form and provide a valid driver's license (or government issued photo identification).
- Airport ARFF / Maintenance staff will not be able to provide access to visitors or anyone claiming to have forgotten or lost their card. Tenants will have to meet their visitors at the gate and escort them to their hangar. Replacement cards will only be available from the Administration office during normal office hours.
- Access cards are not transferable and can be deactivated from this office for violation of the Access Card Agreement and / or non-payment of rent.
Lost or Stolen Cards:
In the event a card is lost or stolen, the cardholder must contact Airport Administration immediately. The cost to replace the first lost card is $25.00. Additional lost cards may result in higher replacement costs.
Thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation in this transition. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
or via phone.