It is a designated general aviation reliever airport serving individuals, businesses and industries in Oakland County, the State of Michigan and the nation.
OCIA is ranked as the world's twelfth busiest general aviation airport with an average of approximately 120,000 takeoffs and landings annually. More than 150 corporations base aircraft at OCIA, many with several aircraft. Over 554 aircraft are based at the airport, and their value is in excess of $200 million. The facility is self-supporting.
Open 24 hours a day, the airport offers:
- Paved runways and taxiways, effective lighting and taxiway identification, and excellent approaches to its 6520 foot instrument runway
- Charter contract passenger service
- Air freight operations
- Fuel services and maintenance, as well as the entire range of aircraft services are available from several FBOs
- New and used aircraft sales operations and flight training schools offer resources for current and future pilots in Oakland County
- A Federal Aviation Administration-staffed control tower provides complete air traffic control services including Tower Advisory Radar
- User-fee U.S. Customs Service is available 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, and "on call" at all other times. This service improves convenience and saves time for international travelers by eliminating the need for an additional stop to clear customs.
- Restaurant and banquet facilities, car rental and many other services are within easy reach of the comfortable terminal lobby and waiting areas.
Oakland County International Airport is home to over 150 businesses. Airport staff members do not have arrival and departure information available.
You will find that your visit to the airport will be more enjoyable if you are familiar with where you will be meeting your party or aircraft prior to arriving at the airport.
Information that will help us help you:
- N-number or tail number of your arriving or departing aircraft
- Know where on the airport you will meet your party
- Contact name and phone number of someone who could help you locate your aircraft/party