Why Oakland County?
Locations, Locations, Locations
Location Photos (select Oakland County)
- 61 cities, villages, and townships
- 89,000 acres of parkland; 800 acres of pristine natural areas
- 1,450 + natural lakes - more than any other county in the state
- 16,000 + lakefront properties
- Over 100 active horse farms
- Historic mansions including Meadow Brook Hall, Cranbrook House and the William E. Scripps Estate
- 30 minutes away from Detroit Metro Airport and Flint's Bishop Airport; home to three airports
- Centrally located to Detroit and Ann Arbor
- Fine dining, shopping and culture
Film and Television
The county offers other valuable resources, including its Film and Digital Media Office, which connects film and video-related businesses with area specialists and location services. The Film Office provides support and advice to the county's 61 cities, villages and townships interested in feature film and television production. Contact us for assistance.
Oakland County is home to several digital entertainment companies including Pixo Entertainment, Scientifically Proven Entertainment, and Vectorform specializing in videogame and animation productions.
Digital media companies are bricks and mortar for the county. These are the companies that are here supporting our region, and they have the potential for long-term growth. The county is diversifying its efforts to further support these businesses with the goal of becoming a recognized digital media center.