Information that is collected when you visit this site
The purpose of this Web site is to provide accurate and helpful information about Oakland County government services and related activities. No personally identifiable information is collected about you unless you choose to provide that information to us.
Information that you provide voluntarily
On any page that requires you to submit personally identifiable information, you will need to affirmatively consent to its further use. If you send an electronic mail message with a question or comment that contains personally identifiable information, or fill out a form that mails us this information, we may redirect your message to another person or department within Oakland County that is in a better position to answer your question. Any personally identifiable information that you give us will be used to respond to your request or to analyze trends.
Information that is stored electronically
The Oakland County Web site uses an e-commerce function that allows you to submit electronic payments. If the e-commerce payment transaction requires you to provide us with personally identifiable information such as your name or mailing address, we will store that information for a period of time. We do not store credit card information. In order to complete the current transaction, your credit card information is passed directly to VeriSign via a secure connection.
The Michigan Freedom of Information Act controls access to personally identifiable information and public records at the County's Web site. Information you supply to us may be subject to disclosure to anyone who asks. Additionally, the County could be subject to court order or subpoena to divulge personally identifiable information.
When you use the Oakland County Web site, search Oakland County databases, make an electronic payment, or place items in the online services shopping cart, a cookie is placed on your computer to allow that specific task to be completed. This cookie contains only a randomly generated, unique number. This cookie does not contain any personally identifiable information about you. Any cookie that is stored on your computer remains on your computer until it expires or until you remove it.
Security of the information that you provide to us is very important to us. For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, the County employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information or otherwise cause damage. Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be subject to legal action.
If you have any questions about this policy or feel that we have acted in violation of this policy, please contact
or write Jim Taylor, Oakland County Department of Information Technology, 1200 North Telegraph Road, Pontiac, Michigan, USA, 48341.
The links to other Web sites that are provided on this site are intended to provide information about works and projects that promote County business and development and provide information about other government resources and services. The Oakland County Department of Information Technology reviews all link requests for adherence to these criteria:
- The relationship and importance of the link requested to the ordinary functions of the County;
- The availability of County resources to monitor and maintain the Web site; and
- The significance of materials contained on the linked site.
Any third party web site that links to the Oakland County web site:
- Shall not create a frame, browser or border environment around any of the content of the County web site;
- May not reproduce site content;
- Shall not imply that Oakland County is endorsing or sponsoring it or its products or services;
- Shall not use Oakland County trademarks without prior written permission; and
- Shall not contain content that could be construed as distasteful, offensive or controversial.
Notwithstanding the above, Oakland County may deny or rescind permission to link to the County web site, and to require termination of any link to the site, for any reason in its sole discretion.
Use of Information and Copyright and Servicemark/Trademark Rights
Users may freely print any information that they obtain from the County Web site. Permission to use documents such as reports and data sheets from this server is granted provided that:
- Oakland County's copyright notice or the copyright notice belonging to a third party must appear on all copies.
- You may not reproduce any trademark or servicemark displayed on this site without the express written permission of the respective mark owner.
- Use of documents from this server is for informational or personal use only.
- No modifications of any documents are made.
All such documents and related graphics are provided as is. Elements of the County Web site are protected by copyright and trademark law. You may not duplicate the design or layout of the County Web site. Unless expressly permitted on a Web site page, no logo, graphic or image from any County office may be reproduced or imitated.
The County is providing the information on this Web site as a public service. All information on this site is expected to be accurate, complete and timely. The County, however, does not guarantee the accuracy of the information. The County may make improvements or changes in this information at any time. No warranty of any kind, implied, express or statutory, including but not limited to the warranties of non-infringement of third party rights, title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and freedom from computer virus, is given with respect to the contents of this site or links to other Internet resources.
The Web site contains links to several other Web sites. The County does not endorse, ensure the accuracy of, or vouch for the safety and privacy of any linked site. The County does not assume any responsibility for the content found on those other sites. It is the responsibility of the Web site user to evaluate the content and usefulness of information obtained from other sites.
The immediate and fast moving nature of Web sites means that there may be links to sites that are changed or no longer functional. We apologize if this should occur and assure you we are continually updating, reviewing and improving our site and its content.
No information on this site is intended to serve as legal advice. Use of this Web site is at your own risk, and the County will not be held liable for any errors or omissions contained in this Web site. In no event, shall the County be liable for any special, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits whether contract, negligence or any tort action arising out of, or in connection with, the use or performance of the information available from the County Web site.
Your use of this Web site constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- BY ACCESSING, DOWNLOADING, VIEWING, OR OTHERWISE USING THIS WEBSITE/OPEN DATA PORTAL OR THE CONTENT/OPEN DATA CONTAINED THEREIN, YOU ACCEPT, WITHOUT LIMITATION OR QUALIFICATION, ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS IN THIS AGREEMENT.
Use of Open Data. You may retrieve, download, copy, modify, translate, adapt, distribute, sort, search, and reuse Open Data for any lawful purpose. You shall not use, share or distribute Open Data for any unlawful purpose or act. You shall not reproduce any trademark or service mark on this website/Open Data Portal or in Open Data without the express written permission of the respective mark owner. Unauthorized attempts to upload information to, modify, or cause damage to this website/Open Data Portal is prohibited.
Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the County, and the County's respective officials, agencies, officers, subsidiaries, employees, licensors and agents, from and against any and all liability, loss, claims, damages, costs and/or actions (including attorneys' fees) based upon or arising out of any breach by You of Your obligations under this Agreement including, but not limited to, any claim or cause of action, of any type, that may be or is alleged to have arisen out of Your use of the Open Data. Notwithstanding Your indemnification obligation, the County reserves the right at its sole discretion to defend any such claim and You agree to provide the County with such reasonable cooperation and information as the County may request.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: WHILE THE COUNTY USES REASONABLE EFFORTS TO PROVIDE ACCURATE AND UP TO DATE OPEN DATA, SOME OF THE INFORMATION PROVIDED IS GATHERED BY THIRD PARTIES AND HAS NOT BEEN INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY THE COUNTY. YOU AGREE THAT ALL USE OF THE OPEN DATA IS AT YOUR OWN RISK, AND THAT THE COUNTY WILL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS CONTAINED IN THE OPEN DATA OR FOR THE COUNTY'S SERVICES IN MAKING THE OPEN DATA AVAILABLE TO YOU.
- THE OPEN DATA IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. THE COUNTY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, NON INFRINGEMENT, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR FREEDOM FROM MALWARE. THE COUNTY DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT ACCESS TO THE OPEN DATA WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR THAT THERE WILL BE NO FAILURES, ERRORS OR OMISSIONS OR LOSS OF TRANSMITTED INFORMATION.
- THE OPEN DATA IS PROVIDED TO THE PUBLIC FREE OF CHARGE TO foster civic engagement through data sharing, increase the trust and improve the relationship between citizens, business, and government agencies, and enable businesses and other citizen enterprises to make use of government data to promote economic development and increase investment. THIS AGREEMENT DOES NOT, AND IS NOT INTENDED TO IMPAIR, DIVEST, DELETE, OR CONTRAVENE ANY CONSTITUTIONAL, STATUTORY, OR OTHER LEGAL RIGHT, PRIVILEGE, POWER, OBLIGATION, DUTY, OR IMMUNITY OF THE COUNTY.
- IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COUNTY BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF OPEN DATA AVAILABLE FROM THE COUNTY.
- THE INFORMATION, DOCUMENTS AND RELATED GRAPHICS PUBLISHED IN THE OPEN DATA OR ON THIS WEBSITE/OPEN DATA PORTAL COULD INCLUDE TECHNICAL INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. CHANGES ARE PERIODICALLY MADE TO THE INFORMATION. THE COUNTY MAY MAKE IMPROVEMENTS AND/OR CHANGES TO THE OPEN DATA OR THIS WEBSITE/OPEN DATA PORTAL AT ANY TIME.
- THIS WEBSITE/OPEN DATA PORTAL MAY CONTAIN LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES. The County does not endorse, ensure the accuracy of, or vouch for the safety and privacy of any linked or other WEBsites. The County does not assume any responsibility for ANY LINKED or other WEBSITEs OR the content found on those WEBsites. YOU ASSUME ALL RISK FOR USING LINKED OR OTHER WEBSITEs. It is YOUR sole responsibility to evaluate the SAFETY, privacy, content and usefulness of LINKED OR other WEBsites.
- By USING THIS website/open data portal, third parties may place a cookie on your computer. the county is not responsible for any cookie placed on your computer by a third party.
Governing Law/Consent to Jurisdiction and Venue. Any claim or action arising from or relating to this Agreement, the Open Data, or this website/Open Data Portal shall be governed, interpreted, and enforced by the laws of the State of Michigan, without regard to Michigan's conflict of law provisions to the extent that those principles or rules would require or permit the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than those of the State of Michigan. Except as otherwise required by law or court rule, any action brought to enforce, interpret, or decide any claim arising under or related to this Agreement, the Open Data, or this website/Open Data Portal shall be brought in the 6th Judicial Circuit Court of the State of Michigan, the 50th District Court of the State of Michigan, or the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan, Southern Division, as dictated by the applicable jurisdiction of the court. Except as otherwise required by law or court rule, venue is proper in the courts set forth above.
Entire Agreement. This Agreement constitutes a valid and binding agreement between You and the County. This Agreement represents the entire agreement between You and the County, and supersedes any and all other communications, prior, contemporaneous or subsequent.