Campaign Finance reports filed with the Oakland County Elections Division can be viewed and printed online for local, school and countywide candidates as well as political action, independent, and ballot question committees.
The Campaign Finance search allows you to:
- Search campaign finance documents for political committees
- Determine who is donating money to political candidates or committees and the amount of those contributions
- Print campaign finance records from your own computer
Important Campaign Finance Requirements
Several bills recently signed into law by the Governor have made significant changes to the Michigan Campaign Finance Act. These changes impact the reporting requirements of Candidate Committees and Political Action Committees. In addition to the pre-electioand Political Action Committees. In addition to the pre-election, post-election and annual campaign statements, Candidate Committee and PAC registered on the local level must file two additional quarterly campaign statements in July and October as follows:
- Candidate Committee - calendar year in which the candidate is not on the ballot.
- PAC - calendar year in which the committee is not supporting/opposing candidates.
Upcoming Filing Deadlines:
2015 Annual Campaign Statement due by 5:00 pm on February 2, 2015; closes on December 31, 2014. (Is not owed if the committee filed a Post General due in December 2014.) The statement is required by Candidate Committees, Political Party Committees and Ballot Question Committees.
2015 February Quarterly Statement due by 5:00 pm on February 17, 2015; closes on February 10, 2015. The statement is required by all Independent and Political PACS
Campaign Finance Late Fee Credit Card Payment Form
Visit the State of Michigan's website for additional candidate information and useful forms.
For federal campaign finance disclosure visit the Federal Election Commission.