Below are some frequently asked questions about paying your delinquent property taxes online.
What can I pay online?
You may pay delinquent taxes owed to Oakland County, Michigan.
What are the benefits to paying my delinquent taxes online?
- It's fast -- you can make a tax payment in minutes
- It's accurate -- because there are verification steps along the way, you are able to check and review your information before it is sent
- It's convenient -- the system is available to you 7 days a week (However the system may be down between the hours of 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. due to system update.)
- It's easy to use -- it's a step-by-step process that tells you what information you need to successfully make your delinquent tax payment to the county
- It's secure -- Oakland County offers the highest levels of security on the Internet
Why am I charged a fee for paying online?
You are required to buy a Delinquent Tax Statement for $2.00 -- $1.25 of which is a statutory fee required by law, and the other $0.75 is an Enhanced Access Fee charged by the County to recover costs associated with developing the technology required for this program.
In addition, a fee is charged based on the total amount you are paying on your delinquent taxes.
What do I NEED to pay my delinquent taxes online?
- Your property tax bill (for property identification number, payment amount, name and address).
- Valid credit card (Visa, MasterCard or Discover)
- E-mail address (for e-mail of your confirmation information).
- Pen/printer (for a hard copy of your confirmation information).