Telephone Solicitation Warning
The Oakland County Sheriff's Office is a professional police organization that properly equips its deputies using funds from the County budget. The Sheriff's Office does not do any telephone soliciting of any kind, nor do we endorse the fundraising efforts of any organization claiming to be affiliated with the Sheriff’s Office.
If you receive a call from somebody claiming to represent the Oakland County Sheriff's Office in a fundraising effort, please make a note of any information that could be helpful in identifying them. This includes:
- Any Caller ID information
- The date and time of the call
- What name(s) they use to identify themselves
- Any indication of their location
- Any claims they make about representing police agencies
- Please feel free to notify us with any information if you are contacted by a solicitor who claims to represent the Oakland County Sheriff's Office.