Two Larceny Suspects Wanted-with two children
"Larceny in a Building" Highland Township
Date: Occurred on Friday, March 9, 2007
Time: 9:14 PM
Location: 1000 Block of Middle Road
Gender: Male and Female
Birth Date: NA
Two suspects, male and female, both in their 30s, driving a red Ford Taurus and accompanied by two children, young boy and girl whose ages range from 6-12, are wanted by the Oakland County Sheriff's Office. Male composite shown.
• Original report was taken after an 80 year old Highland resident reported that her purse was missing from her home. (Lives alone)
• At approximately 3:00 PM that afternoon she reported that a man, a woman, and two young children (6-12 years of age) came to her home.
• They identified themselves as “new” neighbors that just moved in about three blocks away.
• After making small talk about various items in her house they asked if it would be OK for one of the children to use her bathroom.
• She directed the woman and one child to the bathroom and then returned to the living room where the man and the other child were.
• After about 10 minutes they all got back into their small red, four door car and left. She did not see which direction they went, nor did she get a license plate number.
• Later in the afternoon the victim went to get her purse, which had been on her bed, and at that time discovered it missing along with cash, credit cards, checks and misc. items.
• Vehicle involved is a red Ford Taurus, 1998-2002 Very good condition.
• License plate appears to be covered by some type of plastic material.
• Male and female adults appear to be in their 30’s. Boy and girl are between ages 6-12.
• It has been learned that similar reports have been taken in several other counties (Livingston County Sheriff, Saginaw County-MSP Bridgeport Post, Clinton County Sheriff, and Ingham County Sheriff) with the same M.O.
• On Tuesday, March 20, 2007 a similar contact was reported at a residence on Middle Road in Highland Township.
• Nothing was taken during this contact and only the man exited the vehicle and asked about a trailer that was “For Sale” across the street.
• These subjects were a man, woman and a young boy and girl. They were in a reddish color Ford Taurus.
• The homeowner in this incident was able to provide detectives with a composite sketch of the male subject by Barb Martin of the Oakland County Sheriff's Office Forensic Lab.
• Investigation is on-going anyone with information is asked to call the Oakland County Sheriff’s Office tip line at 1-888-TURN-1-IN