Take the OakGreen Challenge
Four Steps to Register
1. Pass a Resolution in Support of the OakGreen Challenge
Your City or Village Council, Township Board, or School Board must pass a resolution in support of enrolling in the OakGreen Challenge.
2. Enter Building Data in EPA Energy Star Portfolio Manager
Data about your building’s physical structure and energy use is entered through an ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager account.
If you don't yet have an account, click here to get started.
If you already have a Portfolio Manager account, you can enter your data right away. Be sure all of your energy accounts (water optional) are included and cover the time period from January 1, 2010, through December 31, 2010.
Track your water and energy use in Portfolio Manager through December 31st, 2012. You will receive quarterly emails reminding you to do this.
3. Share Your Data with OakGreen
Sharing your data with OakGreen is easy and fast:
For Businesses, Schools and Local Governments:
4. Login to your Portfolio Manager account
5. Click the name of your facility
6. Verify that all energy, water and occupancy data for 2010 is input
7. Go to Work with Facilities section and Share Facilities
8. Enter OAKGREEN or select Oakland County Planning & Economic Development Services- OakGreen and click continue
9. Choose the read only option
10. Click DONE
4. Register Online
Submit your contact information and proclaim your acceptance of the OakGreen Challenge at this website.