Pontiac, Michigan -- Oakland County Executive L. Brooks Patterson is putting the finishing touches on his 2014 State of the County address. He will deliver his remarks at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 12, at the Centerpoint Marriott Hotel in Pontiac.
This invitation-only event, which is open to the media, marks Patterson’s 20th State of the County speech, in which he will highlight new initiatives and programs which continue to expand such as Emerging Sectors, Medical Main Street, Automation Alley and G2G Cloud Solutions.
The yet-to-be-identified winner of Patterson’s Elite 40 Under 40 Class of 2014 will introduce him. In addition, Patterson intends to keep a promise in last year’s speech to walk out onto the stage under his own power.
Patterson will make his speech available to a broad audience using a variety of media:
- WDET-FM (101.9) will air the speech live
- Civic Center TV will live stream the event which the county will carry at OakGov.com/Exec
- Civic Center TV will distribute the speech to other local Oakland County cable stations for replay later this month
- Twitter users may follow live Tweets at @oakgov (hashtag #Brooks14)
- The county will upload video of the speech to its YouTube channel. It will also post a written copy of the speech at OakGov.com/exec.
Media who would like to live stream Patterson’s 20th State of the County address may contact the Office of Media & Communications at 248-858-1048 for the embed codes. Those who take the live stream must courtesy Civic Center TV.
Meanwhile, media who plan to attend the State of the County should RSVP to Jaime Fenner no later than 4 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 11. Her email is firstname.lastname@example.org and her number is 248-858-1049. Broadcast media will have access to a mult box. In addition, reporters will have access to Wi-Fi for their laptops.
For media inquiries only, please contact Bill Mullan, Oakland County media and communications officer, at 248-858-1048.