Pontiac, Michigan -- Oakland County's Mobile Touch web site has been honored with the international Digital Government Achievement Award from the Center for Digital Government. Mobile Touch is an alternative version of the county's web site designed for touch-screen navigation and browsing.
"Once again our IT team is among the best in the nation putting advanced technology to work for our residents and customers," said Oakland County Executive L. Brooks Patterson. "The scope of this international award shines a spotlight on Oakland County as a high-tech center, and this type of recognition helps attract and retain businesses and jobs in our communities."
A growing number of web users now depend on mobile phones, smartphones and similar devices to access information and services online. Oakland County created Mobile Touch to better serve the community's needs. The Mobile Touch interface is automatically displayed for mobile users visiting Oakland County's public web site www.oakgov.com with nothing to download or install.
"Mobile Touch helps people access government services and information wherever they are and whenever they need to. Flexible service delivery and more accessible information work together to break down barriers between government and the people it serves, and everyone benefits from that," said Phil Bertolini, Oakland County CIO and deputy county executive.
Key Features of Mobile Touch:
- No app to download or install
- Open access for popular mobile devices
- Optimized for Blackberry, Droid, iPhone 3, 3GS & 4, iPad, iTouch, and more
- Toggle between three access options: Touch-screen, Text-only, or Full web site
- Easy touch-screen navigation & browsing
- One-touch direct phone dialing to County offices (for enabled devices)
- Maps & directions to County parks, golf courses, and offices
- News & recreation information
- Videos & podcasts
- Popular County social network feeds, and much more
Oakland County was recently ranked one of the most digitally advanced counties in the nation by the Center for Digital Government. Learn more about Oakland County's online services and eGovernment programs at www.oakgov.com.
The international Digital Government Achievement Awards are open to all levels of government in any country.
For media inquiries, please contact Phil Bertolini, Deputy County Executive/CIO, at 248-858-0815.