This page is still under construction.
- Michigan Legislature
- The Michigan Legislative Council and the Michigan Legislature sponsor this website. All Michigan Compiled Laws are searchable by citation, popular name and keyword. Use this site to find Public Acts and legislative bills from the 1995/96 legislative session to the present, as well as access legislative analyses from 1997 to the present. This site is updated constantly to reflect any legislative activity and includes bill text, House and Senate journals, calendars and schedules. To monitor changes in specific statutes subscribe to the site's RSS feed.
- Legal Information Institute (LII)
- Cornell University Law School posts the latest version of the U.S. Code available from the U.S. House of Representatives. The federal statutes are searchable by title, section number, popular name, and search terms. The database includes an on-screen update feature for changes in the laws. The U.S. Constitution and all of its amendments are also accessible from this website. Pull down the "Law about..." menu to read detailed information on many law related issues such as constitutional law, First Amendment and civil rights, employment law, etc.
- U.S. Code
- Access to the U.S. Code through the U.S. Government Printing Office FDsys site. The U.S. Code contains the general and permanent laws codified and divided by broad subject matter into 50 titles.
- United States Statutes At Large
- Access to the U.S. Statutes at Large through the U.S. Government Printing Office GPOAccess site. Collection of all laws and resolutions enacted during each session of Congress and published in the order of the date they were enacted into law.
- The Library of Congress' Thomas database provides quick and easy access to what's happening in Congress. It includes bill summaries (1973 - ), text of Public Laws (1973 -) accessible by number or search terms, the Congressional Record (1989 -), House and Senate committee reports (1995 -), calendars and votes.
- CRS Reports
- The Library of Congress Congressional Research Service provides Congress with in depth analysis of a variety of legislative topics each year. Link to those on the Internet from this University of Maryland Thurgood Marshall Law Library website.
1200 N Telegraph, Bldg 14 East, Pontiac, MI 48341 - Phone: 248-858-0012