Oops! Sorry! You've stumbled across a page that is still under construction. Please visit our current web pages at: http://www.oakgov.com/libraries/
- Oakland County Treasurer's Office
- The Oakland County Treasurer's office provides information regarding tax foreclosure and prevention. There is also information regarding mortgage foreclosure prevention.
- Office of the Attorney General Avoid Foreclosure
- The Office of the Attorney General of Michigan has put a set of "tools to help save your home" online. They include a borrower worksheet to help you put your finances in order, a brochure explaining some of the scams that are out there and links to help you keep your home.
- United Way for Southeastern Michigan (Dial 211)
- This website, designed primarily for the membership, lists the OCBA's mission and goals, staff and committee contacts, association services and benefits to its members, committee activities, and a calendar of seminars and events. Click on "Legal Assistance" for information on the OCBA's lawyer referral services, as well as legal aid service providers in Oakland County.
- GreenPath Debt Solutions
- GreenPath is a non-profit company that has helped consumers ease financial pressures since 1961. They can provide you with free counseling, a personal budget, lower interest rates, consolidate all your payments, prevent foreclosure, get a personal credit report and help you to improve it.
- Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System
- This website by the Governing Board of the Federal Reserve has links to many helpful articles on avoiding foreclosure, including lists of credit counseling agencies approved by the US Code.
- Federal Trade Commission on Foreclosure
- The Federal Trade Commission has put this article online to explain what to do if you are facing foreclosure. It includes links to other agencies so you can follow up on their advice.
- Southeast Michigan Council of Governments Help for Homeowners
- The Southeast Michigan Counsel of Governments has put this list of links together to help homeowners to stop foreclosure. It includes links to timelines, counseling services, help lines, County Treasure Offices, housing assistance, avoiding scams, understanding credit and upcoming events.
- Michigan State Housing Authority
- The Michigan Housing Authority has put this list of loan programs on the Internet to help homeowners to save their homes from foreclosure.
- HUD Avoiding Home Foreclosure
- HUD has developed this interactive website to help homeowners get the information to help stop foreclosure in their home state.
- Recession Resource
- Metro Net Library Association has created this web site in response to the difficult economic times many are facing here in Michigan. This page is designed to help people cope with job loss, regroup and start a job search.
1200 N Telegraph, Bldg 14 East, Pontiac, MI 48341 - Phone: 248-858-0012