Oops! Sorry! You've stumbled across a page that is still under construction. Please visit our current web pages at: http://www.oakgov.com/libraries/
- ABA Center for Professional Responsibility
- The American Bar Association posts the Model Rules of Professional Conduct on their website, along with head note summaries of Formal Opinions of their Standing Committee on Ethics and Professional Responsibility. The website also includes the Model Code of Judicial Conduct. Click on "Consumer Resources" for a directory of State lawyer disciplinary agencies.
- American Legal Ethics Library
- Cornell University Law School's Legal Information Institute links to state codes and rules of attorney and judicial professional conduct, plus commentary where available.
- State Bar of Michigan
- The Michigan Bar Association posts formal and informal Michigan Ethics Opinions since October 1988 on its website. The Michigan Rules of Professional Conduct and the Code of Judicial Conduct are also searchable. Access recent articles on legal ethics from this page, as well as proposed rule changes.
- Michigan Attorney Discipline Board
- The disciplinary arm of the Michigan Supreme Court outlines the procedures for filing a complaint against an attorney or a judge. Search the site for opinions and disciplinary actions on attorneys from 1978 to the present.
- Attorney Grievance Commission
- The Michigan Attorney Grievance Commission is the investigative and prosecutorial arm of the Michigan Supreme Court for allegations of attorney misconduct." Here you will find the links to the Commission's Jurisdiction & Authority, How to file a request for an investigation, the investigative process and more.
- State of Michigan Judical Tenure Commission
- On this website you will find all the information concerning the MI Judicial Tenure Commission. Links provided show everything from its jurisdiction & legal authority to how to file a grievance against a judge to recent commission action and notices and even formal complaints and discipline.
1200 N Telegraph, Bldg 14 East, Pontiac, MI 48341 - Phone: 248-858-0012