This page is still under construction.
Michigan Court Opinions
- Michigan Court of Appeals
- This court sponsored website includes Michigan Supreme Court and Michigan Court of Appeals opinions from 2001 to the present. The database also includes unpublished Appeals Court opinions from 1996. On this webpage look for the Thomson West link to older Michigan court opinions.
- Michigan Official Reports
- Thomson West provides a full text opinion database of Michigan Reports (1942 - 2000) and Michigan Appeals Reports (1977 - 2000), with official and parallel citations. Search by docket number, case name, key words and phrases. Use the help screens to fine tune your search strategy.
Michigan Attorney General Opinions
- Attorney General Opinions
- The Michigan Attorney General's site includes AG Opinions from 1963. Consumers will find directions and forms for filing complaints, consumer laws and brochures, plus consumer alerts on fraud, safety and other issues.
Federal Court Opinions
- Legal Information Institute
- Cornell Law School's Legal Information Institute's database includes all U.S. Supreme Court opinions beginning with 1990, plus a collection of the Court's most historic decisions. Search by party name, topic, or opinion author. Link to the U.S. Circuit Court of Appeal opinions from roughly 1995 on (dates vary by circuit) and some federal District Court information. Link also to recent opinions of U.S. Tax Court, Court of Federal Claims, Court of Appeals for Armed Forces and Veterans Claims, and the U.S. Court of International Trade.
- Search this Thomson West website for U.S Supreme Court opinions since 1893 (U.S. Reports, v. 150- ). Opinions are searchable by year, U.S. Reports volume number, citation, case title and full text. The database includes briefs submitted to the Supreme Court from 1999 to the current term. The site also includes an archive of Opinion Summaries from September 2000 - present.
- U.S. Supreme Court
- The court's site includes opinions, orders, and other materials found in the official volumes of U.S. Reports from v. 505 (1999) to the most recent, plus full transcripts of the court's oral arguments from 2000 forward. Use the Court's docket system to track the status of cases from this and prior terms. Link to recent Merit briefs on the American Bar Association's website at http://www.abanet.org/publiced/preview/briefs/home.html
- Slip Opinions of the U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Supreme Court slip opinions issued to the printer later in the same day as the bench opinion. May contain corrections which don't appear in the bench opinion.
- United States Reports
- This is the online version of the bound volumes of the U.S. Supreme Court slip opinions.
- Oyez Project
- All audio recordings of Supreme Court oral arguments since 1955 are available to the public through this website Summaries of all Supreme Court opinions include brief statements of the facts in the case, the issue to be decided, and the court's conclusion.
- Select the appropriate circuit, or use the interactive map, to search for U.S. Circuit Court opinions by date, docket number, party name, or search terms. Coverage is from 1996 to the present. The U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit includes Michigan.
United States Attorney General Opinions
- United States Attorney General Opinions
- The Attorney General has directed the Office of Legal Counsel to publish selected opinions for the convenience of the executive, legislative, and judicial branches of the Government, and of the professional bar and the general public.
1200 N Telegraph, Bldg 14 East, Pontiac, MI 48341 - Phone: 248-858-0012