Oakland County Resources
- Oakland County Historical Resources / American Local History Network
- Oakland County History Database
- Oakland County Genealogical Society
- This collection is housed here at the Oakland County Law and Research Library.
- Oakland County Pioneer and Historical Society
For Beginners / General Resources
- Cyndi's List of Genealogy Sites on the Internet
- A collection of thousands of links which have been categorized and cross-referenced.
- Ellis Island
- Search for records of immigrants who came through Ellis Island.
- FamilySearch Internet Genealogy Service
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints searchable database.
- GENUKI - UK & Ireland Genealogy
- A genealogy website for the United Kingdom & Ireland.
- A website for researching Jewish genealogy.
- Library of Michigan Genealogy
- Library of Michigan website about Michigan state genealogy resources.
Library of Michigan Resources include:
- Michigan State Archives
- Genealogical materials and resources available at the Archives of Michigan.
- Michigan Family History Network
- The Michigan Family History Network was created in 1999 to share data amongst researchers.
- National Archives Genealogy Page
- Resources for genealogists which are available at the U.S. National Archives.
- Seeking Michigan
- Resources from the Michigan Historical Center and the Archives of Michigan. The searchable online database includes Michigan Death records and state census records as well as other collections containing letters, diaries, photographs, postcards and videos from pre-statehood to the late 1960’s. It also features research guides and indexes along with other resources.
- World GenWeb Project
- United States GenWeb
- Michigan GenWeb
- Oakland County GenWeb
- Genealogical Death Indexing System, Michigan
- Michigan Department of Community Health - "The Division of Vital Records and Health Statistics has provided Internet access to information from archived death records through the Genealogical Death Indexing System (GENDIS). This system allows the user to search for records using key pieces of information such as the decedent's name, father's last name, and year of death. The current system contains information on 148,000 Michigan death records from 1867-1880 and portions of 1881 and 1882."
- Michigan Cemetery Sources Database
- Contains information on over 3,700 cemeteries in the state of Michigan.
- Michigan County Clerks Genealogy Directory
- Information about Michigan County Clerks compiled to help facilitate genealogical research.
- Oakland County Vital Records
- Birth, Marriage, Divorce and Death records for Oakland County.
- Oakland County Genealogy Research Service
- Vital Records Division service which provides the ability to search for and order Oakland County marriage and death records online.
- U.S. Vital Record Information
- Information on where to obtain vital records from each state.
1200 N Telegraph, Bldg 14 East, Pontiac, MI 48341 - Phone: 248-858-0012