Questions the Library CAN help you with:
- where to find material on a specific law related subject.
- how to use legal reference material.
- how to read legal citations to find specific statutes, case law, and other legal references.
- if other agencies are available to help with questions about the law.
- locate government data resources and demographic information.
- provide ready-reference such as address cross-checking, dictionary look-ups and quotations.
- look for death notices in the microfilmed newspapers if provided with an exact date of death.
- direct you to appropriate print, electronic and online resources and guide you in their usage.
Questions the Library CANNOT help you with:
Please be aware that by law (MCL 600.916), the staff cannot:
- do your legal research for you.
- give legal advice.
- state opinions on legal issues.
- interpret the law, regulations, court cases, or any other legal materials.
- select forms.
- choose or recommend language for use on any form or other legal document.
1200 N Telegraph, Bldg 14 East, Pontiac, MI 48341 - Phone: 248-858-0012