A New Training Initiative
In an effort to promote intergovernmental cooperation, Oakland County HR Training began offering classroom-based training to employees of local communities in 2008. To date, 19 organizations have registered for this program. We are pleased to announce an enhancement to our program. We will now be offering Computer-Based Training (CBT).
What is Computer-Based Training?
CBT is training that is accessed from the convenience of your desktop computer and completed at your own pace. It is a web-based system of 80 courses available through a customized website called SkillPort. The program is not intended to replace classroom-based training, but designed to supplement traditional methods and provide greater opportunities for skill development. The CBT courses partner and supplement our classroom-based program which is tied to the Oakland County Competency Models.
Benefits of CBT
- Work at your own pace
- Competitive pricing with our classroom-based courses
- Users can print their own certificate of completion
- Users can gain academic credit toward a University of Phoenix degree
- Courses can be access from any PC with internet access
- Administrative Support
- Business Etiquette and Professionalism
- Customer Service
- Grammar and Business Writing
- Team Building
- Time Management/Organization
- Stress Management
- AND MUCH MORE!
Refer to theCurrent Catalog for a complete list of courses.
To get started, review theCBT Frequently Asked Questions or visit the CBT registration page.