The Environmental Health Services (EHS) unit of the Health Division administers a number of programs and services to help protect health through the promotion of environmentally sound practices.
Areas within EHS are:
- Licenses and inspects food service establishments, investigates foodborne illness outbreaks and conducts food safety education classes.
- Issues permits for on-site sewage disposal systems and evaluates subdivisions and condominium developments.
- Indoor air information including Lead, Radon and Asbestos.
- Issues permits for on-site water systems, licenses public swimming pools and conducts water testing for drinking, swimming pools, and public beaches.
- Inspects day care centers, foster homes, group homes, and campgrounds.
- Issues permits and conducts safety classes for body art practitioners and establishments.
- Evaluates rodent and insect complaints.
- Investigates radiological contamination.
- Investigates infectious diseases outbreaks.