A FREE, family based parenting program. Public Health Nurses provide 16 weekly home visits teaching parenting skills, child development, and how to establish a nurturing family life.
What is Nurturing Parent Program?
This program is designed to nurture, educate and support families with challenges known to impact parenting. Public Health Nurses provide sixteen weekly home visits to teach parenting skills and child development. Parents and children participate together so all family members benefit from the program lessons and interactive activities.
Who can enroll?
• Pregnant women
• Teen parents
• Families with children birth to age 18 wanting to make positive changes
• Families with adopted children
• Eligible families must reside in Oakland County
• Priority is given to pregnant women, teen parents, and families with children birth to age 10
What does NPP teach parents and children?
• How to promote self-confidence
• Positive discipline
• What to expect as your child develops
• Setting meal and bed time routines
• Infant and child massage
• Managing stress
• Understanding and expressing anger
• The truth about spoiling
• How to build strong and positive relationships among family members
• Parents and children work together so all family members benefit
• Health education
• Growth and development screenings
• Referrals to available resources supporting effective parenting and health concerns
NPP Program Brochure