Section 4: Advisory Committee
A. An Oakland County Well Advisory Committee is established consisting of nine (9) members appointed as set forth below.
B. The Oakland County Well Advisory Committee shall be comprised of four (4) members who are residents of Oakland County and registered under sections 12701 to 12715 of 1978 PA 368, as amended, at least three (3) of whom shall be well drilling contractors; one (1) builder licensed by the State of Michigan and a resident of Oakland County; one (1) resident of Oakland County who is not an elected official; and one (1) local official from an Oakland County city, village, or township that relies primarily on wells for drinking water, all of whom shall be appointed by the County Board of Commissioners; one (1) employee of the Oakland County Health Division appointed by the County Executive; one (1) employee of the Drain Commission appointed by the Drain Commissioner. There shall be three-year staggered terms. The first committee shall be appointed as follows: 3 members for one-year terms; 3 members for two-year terms; and 3 members for three-year terms. Vacancies shall be filled by appointment for the balance of the unexpired terms by the respective officials designated herein. The first term of office shall be considered to begin on the date set by the Board of Commissioners in the appointment of the first member.
1. The members of the advisory committee shall at their first meeting, and once each year thereafter, organize and select a chairperson and vice chairperson from among their members. A recording secretary shall by assigned by the Oakland County Board of Commissioners.
2. The committee shall meet not less than twice each year for the necessary conduct of business. Additional meetings may be called by the chairperson or any three members of the committee. Five members shall constitute a quorum. The business which the committee may perform shall be conducted at a public meeting of the advisory committee held in compliance with Act 267 of the Public Acts of 1976, as amended, being sections 15.261 to 15.275 of the Michigan Compiled Laws.
3. The first meeting of the advisory committee shall take place within 40 days after this Article is adopted and the first member is appointed by the Oakland County Board of Commissioners.
4. The Oakland County Health Division, with the advice of the advisory committee, may promulgate rules, materials, plans, and procedures and update the educational packet annually.
5. The advisory committee may advise Oakland County with respect to the need for or desirability of conducting special studies. Where conditions indicate that studies, investigations, or inquiries are warranted, the Oakland County Health Division may participate in and/or coordinate special studies activity as provided in section 2433 of the Public Health Code, MCL 333.2433(2)(c) and (d).
6. Appeals on matters related to interpretation of the state well/pump code (Part 127, Act 368, P.A. 1978) and Groundwater Quality Control Rules, R 325.1601 to R 325.1781 are not within the authority of the County advisory board.