Benefits of Quitting Smoking During Pregnancy
- Increases the amount of oxygen baby will get.
- Lowers the risk that baby will be born too early.
- Increases your chances of having a healthy baby.
- Increases the chances your baby will come home from the hospital with you.
- Gives you more energy and helps you breathe easier.
- Saves you money you can spend on other things.
- Makes your clothes, hair, and home smell better.
- Lets you feel good about what you've done for yourself and your baby.
Every day that you don't smoke gives your baby a healthier start on life.
Oakland County Health Division has public health nurses available to make home visits and assist you with having a healthy pregnancy. For more information call North Oakland County 248-858-1406 or Toll Free at 1-800-848-5533.