Director of Facilities Managment
Mr. Holdsworth joined the Executive Administration of Oakland County
as the Deputy Director of Management & Budget.
In his capacity as Deputy Director, he:
- managed numerous projects as assigned (including the on-time, under budget implementation of the new PeopleSoft financial/supply chain system),
- worked closely with the Board of Commissioners,
- served as interim Purchasing Manager,
- authored various articles and white papers on a variety of topics,
- oversaw the roll out of a business continuity planning initiative,
- fostered broader Intergovernmental Cooperation across the County, and
- evaluated alternative delivery models for various County services.
He is a Certified Public Finance Officer and a Certified Production and Inventory Manager.
Mr. Holdsworth’s educational background includes a BS degree in Systems Engineering from Oakland University, where he was Tau Beta Pi chapter president and worked for two small manufacturers through the Engineering Cooperative program. He later earned a MBA from Michigan State University, where he consulted for several small businesses in the mid-Michigan area.
He currently chairs a committee of the Michigan Government Finance Officers Association (MGFOA) on Intergovernmental Cooperation, chairs the Oakland County Leadership Group (a committee that oversees the application and approval of major IT projects), and is a past-president of the Michigan chapter of Government Management Information Sciences (GMIS) where he was named “Chapter President of the Year” in 2007.
Prior to joining Oakland County, Mr. Holdsworth was a management consultant with Plante & Moran, PLLC, for fifteen years. In his capacity as a management consultant, he managed hundreds of projects and worked closely with city, township, and county governments across Michigan. His consulting engagements focused on improving operational efficiencies, strategic planning, and implementing new technologies. Additionally, Mr. Holdsworth conducted several business improvement assessments for companies across Michigan. Before attending MSU, Mr. Holdsworth worked two years as an engineer for General Electric.