You are here:

Frequently Asked Questions: Serving Interested Persons

Who must do the service?

Generally, the petitioner or attorney for the petitioner will do service.


What if I do not have an address for an interested person?

You must serve notice by publication indicating "whereabouts unknown".  You will need to fill out a publication form for the Oakland County Legal News and present it with the appropriate fee to the probate counter staff.