There are two different court appointed attorney forms. One is for Misdemeanor cases and the other is for Felonies. You must be sure you fill out the proper form or it cannot be processed.
Felony Court Appointed Attorney Form
1. You will fill out the court appointed attorney form at your arraignment. The district court sends a copy of the form to Circuit Court for them to appoint an attorney.
2. The court appointed attorney is NOT required to contact you before the first court appearance.
3. Information concerning your court appointed attorney can be obtained from the Circuit Court Administrator's Office at 1200 N. Telegraph Rd., Pontiac, MI 48341. Telephone is (248) 858-0345 The office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
4. If you hire an attorney, you will still be REQUIRED to REPAY any county money spent on your behalf. To AVOID these costs, have your HIRED attorney CALL (248) 858-0345.
5. For payment information call the Oakland County Reimbursement Division at (248) 858-0506. The office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Misdemeanor Court Appointed Attorney Form
At your arraignment, you should let the magistrate know that you want a court appointed attorney. If you have been previously arraigned, or have a pending court date and you need a court appointed attorney, you will need to come into the court to fill out the paperwork as soon as possible. It will be sent back to the judge assigned to your case to be approved. If the judge approves the appointment, your attorney will be here for your court date. Please note, your court appointed attorney will not contact you prior to your court date. You will meet with them for the first time on your court date. You may not have the same court appointed attorney for each of your court appearances.
|Cost to defendant for Misdemeanor Court Appointed Attorney|
|| First Appearance for Attorney|
|| More than 1 Appearance|
|| Jury Trial|